A complex operation
nexQuent Savento, as a team of specialists for archiving in the SAP® environment, has comprehensive project experience in the implementation of archive migrations. The resulting solution package includes not only consultancy services, but also flexible software tools, to ensure the efficient and safe realization of such projects in the individual customer environment.
Analysis Consulting Implementation
nexQuent Savento’s experts accompany you all the way, from the analysis of the current situation, throughout the implementation, and right through to the successful project completion.
An archive migration is an operation which should never be taken too lightly, and nexQuent Savento can offer you a safe and efficient solution for this task.
There may be a wide range of reasons for such an archive migration:
- Limited life cycle of systems
- Restricted or lack of support for software and hardware
- Increased maintenance costs for obsolete components
- Increasing demands on the performance and reliability of the archive system
- Cost savings resulting from reduced license and maintenance costs
The complexity of an archive migration depends, among other factors, on the following elements:
- Heterogeneous system scenarios with many potential sources of error
- Error incidents which may in the worst-case cause data loss
- Inconsistencies in the legacy archive system
- Provisions for customized archiving scenarios
- Requirements for a fallback scenario throughout the migration operation
- Strict compliance requirements, e.g. for audits
- Tight project time schedules despite large data volumes
- Implementation parallel to productive operation
The efficient and safe solution
nexQuent Savento has developed a project solution named Savento Migration Suite for archive migrations which is based on SAP® standards. This employs multiple steps and can be implemented very quickly and easily in the individual customer environment.
Process steps and logging in the Savento Migration Suite: